Etiketter

tisdag 23 april 2013

Prao


Prao

I did my prao at Lunds Biological Institution at the university of Lund. As the name says it's were the biological students studies and were all the biologists are. The specific floor I was on had insects for their topic. My supervisor mostly worked on flies, but a bit on flatworms too. Even if it was really interesting I had some problems with understanding cause it was stuff that I never had heard of, like epigenetics and W.I.P.S.

The stuff I did was mostly experimenting with the flies and the flatworms. We fed the flies with a special dough that look like some kind of fudge. I also actually made the "fudge" which smelled really weird.. We had the flies in small vials with food at the bottom and if they was sopposed to mate there also was some yeast. Apparently they lay eggs when given yeast even if they wasn't fertilized.
The flatworms we fed with algae, but the only things we really did with them was transferring them from one petri bowl to another. I also met some really cool people when I was there. My supervisor was awesome, she and her husband usually listened to metal at home so I could play my kind of music in the laboratory plus she wasn't so old and had a young and open mind. Of course she was also very kind and easy to talk to. There was some awesome students too. Qian Yang, from China, was one of them and Ann-ise, from Spain, another one. By the way, we spoke english almost all the time because many of the students was non-swedish.  Well, I think that's about it. The only thing left is that I'm maybe going back later in the summer for a "sommarjobb". If they need someone and they pay for it I will be there..


Regards  
              Dimos

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar